Tallinn Town Hall
THE OLDEST SURVIVING TOWN HALL in the Baltic countries and Scandinavia
The building history of Tallinn Town Hall goes back to the 2nd half of the 13th century. It was mentioned for the first time in written sources in 1322. In its present form the Town Hall was completed in 1404 when Tallinn was a flourishing Hanseatic city.
The management of the city worked in the Town Hall until 1970. Since 1975 the Town Hall functions as the ceremonial building of the city government, but it also serves as a concert hall and a museum.